Chiasmus in 1 Cor. 2:12-13

Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 05:33:13 EDT

I was further pondering the verses (especially appreciating the
alliteration), when I noticed that the semantic parallels that I
mentioned previously form a beautiful chiastic structure.

a. EIDWMEN (Plural Actice Verb)
b. TA hUPO TOU QEOU CAPISQENTA UMIN (Plural Acc. Direct Object)
c. EV DIDAKTOIS PNEUMATOS (Plural Dative of Means)
c. PNEUMATIKOIS (Plural Dative of Means)
b. PNEUMATIKA (Plural Acc. Direct Object)
a. SUGKRINONTES (Plural Active Participle)

The chiasm really helps bring out the relationship between the purpose
clause and the adverbial phrase.

OK, I'm done now. :-)

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:42:43 -0400 "Stephen P. Donahue"
<> writes:
>I am currently studying through 1 Corinthians and 2:13 is puzzling me.
> The
>is, to what does this refer? Can this be determined from the grammar?
>have been unable to arrive at any adequate conclusions. I would
>appreciate any help from those more adept than I regarding this
>Please excuse any errors in presenting this to list as it is my first
>on b-greek. I thank you.
>Stephen Donahue
>Pastor, Mt Zion Baptist Church
>New Canton, VA
>B-Greek home page:
>You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: []
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
>To subscribe, send a message to

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]