Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 09:13:11 EST

Tony, Denny Diehl here

> It just occurred to me to ask: is John's use of the word Logos to
>describe Christ as God, his own invention? Is there any previous
>pagan, or septuagint, usage of logos as god?

I believe the first philosophical use of the term LOGOS was in the
mid sixth-century BC by Heraclitus who lived in Ephesus. He saw
the world as an ever-changing phenomenon, yet as much as it was
continually changing, the more it remained the same. What kept
the world orderly and from complete chaos, he described as the
LOGOS (reason) of God.

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]