Re: Kissing girlfriends on phone

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 11:13:06 EST

LisaM/GeorgeB wrote:
> >From an article in our little daily paper out of Ellensburg, WA titled
> "Teacher finds Bible takes on new dimension in Greek" [11/2/98]:
> "A guy once said reading the Bible in translation is like kissing your
> girlfriend over the telephone. That may be OK in a pinch, but there is
> a whole better way to do it."

I would think in Ellensburg WA the analogy would be "reading the Bible in
translation is like riding a mechanical bull."

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062

For those of you out of town folks from Moscow, London or Berlin, Ellensburg WA is famous for its annual rodeo.