Re: Word Order & The Instrumental Dative

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 08:33:12 EST

At 12:28 PM 11/10/98 -0600, you wrote:

>In my opinion it would not; it just seems so sensible to take TWi KURIWi as
>dative with PISTHN since PISTOS/H/ON so commonly takes a dative complement.
>Carl W. Conrad

As usual, Carl did it faster and better- and once more beat me to it. I
would add that one not be too preoccupied with word order--- it is the case
that matters, not the order of the words in the sentence (in
contradistinction to Hebrew where word order is VERY important for
understanding emphases).