Greek Manuscripts of the NT

Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 21:25:36 EST

Maurice, Denny Diehl here

You mentioned:

>I hear echoes down the centuries of just such questions being asked by
>puzzled monks in scriptoria all over Europe. There were, of course,
>who were either tired or bored, or both --- have a look at some of the
>illustrations in Metzger's great book on "Greek Manuscripts of the N.T
>" to see the marginal doodlings and comments of such monks.

I'm pondering the purchase of the book you mention above. I believe it
is in the $55 category. What manuscripts does Dr. Metzger examine and
compare in this book? Have you found the book enlightening beyond the
incidental? Any comments would be appreciated.

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]