Re: searching for Colwell/Historical Correction

Date: Thu Nov 26 1998 - 11:38:56 EST

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:19:30 -0800 "Dale M. Wheeler"
<> writes:

  I can't send you any "string/boolean" or any other such
>programmer-eze, since GRAMCORD has never used that type of approach
>to searching...we use a simple template in which you choose multiple
>elements in columns from pull down lists and check boxes.
>Dale M. Wheeler, Ph.D.
>Research Professor in Biblical Languages Multnomah Bible
>8435 NE Glisan Street Portland, OR
>Voice: 503-251-6416 FAX:503-254-1268 E-Mail:

Dale's statement that GRAMCORD has "never" used that approach is
historically inaccurate. In its pre-MS-DOS and early DOS forms it did
require learning a "programming language." Their introduction of the
template in the late 1980's made GRAMCORD much easier to use although not
all of the available commands were implemented at that time.

A question for Dale (or Paul) is how many of the other commands have been
added to the Windows versions? The commands (e.g. -SPECWORD, -SPECDATA,
complicated and precise searching.

Gerald E. Lincoln
Mount Joy, PA

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]