Re: None

Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 21:45:22 EST

In a message dated 2/10/99 6:26:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

<< Dan Oglesby wrote;
>I was kinda wondering...
>Does the letter W have any numerical value in any of the

I have a Greek Grammar by Goodwin & Gulick. It says that vau or digamma was
equivalent to w. Which does happen to represent the number "6." In fact,
after I got to looking, they tell me how to count at least up to 100,000 using
Greek characters for numerals. I didn't think to look here before I asked at
the first, but thanks for all your help anyway.

William (Little Greek) Boyd
Royal Palm Beach, Fl.