From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 00:12:03 EST

>> I notice that ZAW is occasionally used in the LXX transitively [eg LXX Ps
>> 118:50]. Is this peculiar to LXX?
>> While I'm at it: does anyone have any thoughts on the strange DEUTEROPRWTW
>> reading in Lk 6:1 besides the suggestion of Skeat?
>> Rick
>> Rick Strelan
>> Studies in Religion
>> University of Queensland
> Rick,
> LXX Ps 118:50 ZHSON ME
> I would not call this a transitive use of ZAW.

Just as I pushed the send button for my first response, I thought to
myself, "why wouldn't you call this transitive?." I looked at the
passages in the LXX again and ZAW does appear to function as a
transitive in these passages. I guess I was befuddled by the fact that
the object of the verb is a suffix in the Hebrew.

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062