From: One of the McKays (
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 17:56:51 EST

> What are these books complete names and such so that I may purchase my own

Nicholas, we were trying to keep it all a BIG secret, by using esoteric
jargon, and now you've gone and spoiled it all!

UBS4 is just the United Bible Societies' Greek New Testament current
edition. You probably have one.

NA27 is the Nestle-Aland 27th edition of the Greek New Testament. You don't
see these as much in your average Christian bookshop.

If you have a UBS3, I wouldn't rush out and buy the current edition as the
text is exactly the same, but it has a sensible font. The UBS4 has an ugly,
hard-on-the-aging-eyes italic font.
David McKay