From: Paul Zellmer (
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 11:17:02 EST

One of the McKays wrote:

> > What are these books complete names and such so that I may purchase my own
> copy?
> Nicholas, we were trying to keep it all a BIG secret, by using esoteric
> jargon, and now you've gone and spoiled it all!
> [justjokingjustjokingjustjokingjustjoking!]
> UBS4 is just the United Bible Societies' Greek New Testament current
> edition. You probably have one.

Actually, Nicholas, the title is _The Greek New Testament_. The
publisher is either
the United Bible Societies or Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft.

> NA27 is the Nestle-Aland 27th edition of the Greek New Testament. You don't
> see these as much in your average Christian bookshop.

The title here is _Novum Testamentum Graece_, again from Deutsche

Both are available through Christian Book Distributors.

> If you have a UBS3, I wouldn't rush out and buy the current edition as the
> text is exactly the same, but it has a sensible font. The UBS4 has an ugly,
> hard-on-the-aging-eyes italic font.
> David McKay

Ibanag Translation Project
Cabagan, Philippines