Re: so nice to be back!

From: Eric Cohoon (ecohoon@nearfield.com)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 20:07:38 EST

Allison Sanders <allisanders@mindspring.com>

You also might look at anything by William D. Mounce. You can find all his books on www.amazon.com. He has an excellent introductory grammar out there with an accompanying work book. May the lord guide you in this endeavor.

Eric
Long Beach, CA
ecohoon@nearfiled.com
>>> "clayton stirling bartholomew" <c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net> 02/18/99 01:24PM >>>

> You might take a look at Balme & Lawall, _Athenaze: An Introduction
> to Classical Greek_ (Oxford University Press, 1990). Yes, it is
> classical, but I count that as an advantage. The reason I call it to
> you attention is that Balme teaches at Harrow School in England, and
> the original book was tested and developed in a number of high schools
> as well as colleges. It uses an inductive approach, which you may
> wish to supplement with handouts.

Christopher,

Could you expand on "inductive approach."

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point