Genesis 9:5, e

From: VanEpps (ixthus@az.com)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 21:39:42 EST

hello b-greekers,

I am previously working through chapter 9 of Genesis, comparing the
Greek to the Hebrew, trying to see how closely the translator stayed to
his parent text. My problem comes from verse 5, in that I am not sure if
the "TWN PSUCWN hUMWN" is modifying the "hUMETERON hAIMA" or if it is to
be read as a subordinate to it: "for your blood, I shall earnestly seek
your lives,". I admitt my Greek is a little rusty, so if you could
explain how this verse is working in comparison to its counterpart I
would be very greatful.

All the Best

CV