Re: Out of Print?

From: John Barach (
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 21:00:10 EST

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:56:5 "Tony Stark" <> writes:

>For some time i have been looking for the book,"Translating the Word
>of God" by Beekman and Callow. Is this book still in print? If not,any
>old copies for purchase out there? If so please e-mail me about this

Beekman and Callow is available from the Summer Institute of Linguistics
for $29.00 US. You can contact them at
Their webpage is

By the way, SIL also has a number of extremely helpful books which
provide exegetical summaries of various books of the Bible. Essentially,
these summaries go through a passage of a book and present the various
options (without argument) which different Bible translations and
commentaries take. I find them especially helpful because they
frequently point out options that I hadn't considered and force me to
think more carefully about the Greek text.

John Barach

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]