RE: William L. Lane

From: Leo R. Percer (
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 20:42:32 EST

Hello friends:

I'm sending this off topic note to the list with regrets, but I felt that
some of you may not be aware of the news I have to share. Dr. William L.
Lane, author of the 2 volume Hebrews commentary in the Word Biblical
series and the Mark commentary in the New International Commentary
series, passed away this past Sunday (March 7, 1999) after a year or so
battle with cancer. Dr. Lane was my professor and mentor at Western
Kentucky University, and besides being a trusted colleague, he was a dear
friend. Bill had moved recently to Franklin, TN to establish a
mentoring/research facility there for pastors and teachers. Many of you
may know Bill from his time of service at Gordon-Conwell, Western
Kentucky, or Seattle Pacific. The funeral was today in Franklin, TN. I
know that Brenda and the family appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Leo Percer
Ph.D. Candidate
Baylor University
Waco, TX

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]