New World Translation

From: Mahen (
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 11:30:11 EST

I was just wondering if any of you scholars has taken a look at the New World Translation of the New Testament. I saw an edition that put heavy emphasis on the translators efforts of being true to the original greek and the thorough textual criticism that they supposedly used.
My opinion (and I have only read the swedish NW Translation) us that it differs somewhat from MY Bible...

Just an interesting question. I have never heard of any well known biblical scholars from Jehovahs Witnesses.