Re: Nails in Hands ?

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 16:00:33 EST

At 12:54 PM 3/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>> 2 - If there is a Greek word for wrist and it wasn't used, are there
>> linguistic/stylistic reasons for using the more common word for hand?
>There is a word for wrist but it isn't used with that sense in the NT.

just one point--- I didn't ask the above question. My post was a response
to the question about the archaeological evidence for crucifixion- such
evidence demonstrating that the wrist itself was pierced.

anyway- we are most all certainly aware of "karpos" from the ever increasing
incidence of "carpel-tunnel syndrome".

Jim West, ThD
Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

fax- 978-231-5986
web page-