References for sentential connectives GAR, OUN, and DE?

From: Moon-Ryul Jung (
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 01:14:34 EST

Dear B-Greekers,

I thought that I needed to study more about the usage of
sentential connectives GAR, OUN, and DE. I know dictionary
definitions of them, but I still find difficulty with them.
So, I will appreciate if you refer to some references for this
problem. I noticed that several modern English translations
do not translate GAR at all in many places. Does it mean that
in many cases, the nuance of GAR cannot be represented in

Moon-Ryul Jung
Assistant Professor
Dept of Computer Science
Soongsil University