Re: introduction

From: Jay Adkins (JAdkins264@aol.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 06:43:55 EST

Dear Catharine Basson,

I would like to be the first to recommend a fellow B-Greek members web
page: http://metalab.unc.edu/koine/greek/lessons/ Little Greek 101, by
Joe Robie. This is a wonderful place to start as there are midi files
where you can hear the language of the NT. He has yet to complete the
site, but what is there is very useful. My first grammar was Essentials of
the NT Greek by Summers and can still be found in a revised form at either
CBD's web site
http://www.chrbook.com/Christian/Books/about_cbd_frame.html or
Amazon.com's http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html. Both
places have other beginning grammars, which I can not comment on other then
to say, what is really important is that you keep on reading Greek every
day. That remains the best tool to learn NT Greek there is. After you
have a good understanding of what is know as Accidence, the learning of the
various inflection forms, you then need to move on to more advanced
grammars. I have several, but really like David Black's, It's Still Greek
to Me. I am sure others have different ones they have used and enjoyed.

Jay Adkins