Genative Absolute

From: Rod Rilea (
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 13:21:53 EDT

I am preparing to teach 1 Peter 4-5 in Sunday School. I could you use help
in understanding the following:

1. What is the genative absolute and how does it work?
2. What is the significance of the genative absolute in 1 Peter 4:1?

The portion of the text I am dealing with is "CRISTOU OUN PAQONTOS SARKI".