Re: spoken koine greek

From: George Blaisdell (
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 09:49:20 EDT

>From: "Lee Hudson"

>I am curious to know if anyone
>knows of audio tapes for koine greek.

We had a project going here on b-greek a while back to do just that
with the GNT, and I have not heard any updates on it for quite some
time. Has it just fizzled?

After reading Navarro and Dr. Costa posting from Brazil, I would love
to see them make a tape of John's Gospel in their "restored" Koine,
[which Dr. Costa says is necessary for students to learn to take
dictation in Koine!] What a treasure that would be!

Spiros Zodhiates has the GNT recorded and for sale, but I understand
that his is simply a modern Greek [Athenian] pronunciation, although I
do not know that for sure.

George Blaisdell
Roslyn, WA

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit