Re: Ephesians

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@utc.campuscw.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 08:33:46 EDT

COMMENTARIES ON EPHESIANS

Abbot, T. K. "The Epistles to the Ephesians and to the Colossians," in The
International Critical Commentary.
T. & T. Clark, 1897.
        [Ref BS 491 .I6 v.30]

Alford, Henry. "Ephesians," in The Greek Testament. Vol 3. Chicago: Moody
Press, 1958.
        [BS 2341.2 .A43 1958 v.3,4]

Barclay, William. "The Letters to the Galatians and Ephesians," in The Daily
Study Bible. Rev. ed. Philadelphia: Westminster, 1976.
        [Ref BS 2341.2 .B37 v.10]

Barth, Marcus. "Ephesians," in The Anchor Bible. 2 vols. Garden City, New
York: Doubleday & Co, 1974.
        [Not available in the library]

Beet, Joseph Agar. A Commentary on St. Paul's Epistles to the Ephesians,
Philippians, Colossians, and to Philemon. London: Hodder & Staughton, 1895.
        [Microfiche 2934]

Best, Ernest. "Ephesians," in The International Critical
Commentary.Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1998.

Bratcher, Robert Galveston, and Eugene A. Nida. A Translator's Handbook on
Paul's Letter to the Ephesians. London: United Bible Societies,1982.
        [BS 2695.5 .B7]

Braune, Karl. "The Epistle to the Ephesians," in Commentary on the Holy
Scriptures, Critical, Doctrinal, and Homiletical. John Peter Lange, ed.
Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1960.
        [Ref BS 494 .L313 1978 v.11]

Bruce, Frederick Fyvie. The Epistle to the Ephesians: A Verse-by-Verse
Exposition. Westwood, New Jersey, 1961.
        [BS 2695.3 .B75 1974]

_______. "The Epistles to the Colossians, to Philemon, and to the
Ephesians," in The New International Commenatry on the New Testament.
Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1984.
        [Ref BS 2341.2 .N4 v.10]

Caird, George Bradford. Paul's Letters from Prison: Ephesians, Philippians,
Colossians, Philemon in the Revised Standard Version. Oxford: Oxford
University Press, 1976.
        [BS 2650.3 .C28]

Eadie, John. A Commentary on the Greek Text of the Epistle to the
Ephesians. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1979.
        [BS 2695 .E1 1979]

Ellicott, Charles John. Commentaries, Critical and Grammatical on the
Epistles of St. Paul, with Revised Translations
        3 vols. Minneapolis, Minnesota: James Family Publishers, 1978.
        [Not available in the library]

Findlay, George Gillanders. The Epistle to the Ephesians," in The
Expositor's Bible. New York: A. C. Armstrong & Son, 1905.
        [BS 2695 .F56]

Hendricksen, William. "Exposition of Ephesians," in The New Testament
Commentary. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1967.
        [Ref BS 2341 .H4 v.8]

Hodge, Charles. A Commentary on the Epistle to the Ephesians. Grand Rapids:
Eerdmans, 1954.
        [BS 2695 .H62]

Houldon, J. L. Paul's Letters from Prison: Philippians, Colossians,
Philemon, and Ephesians. Philadelphia: Westminster, 1978.
        [BS 2650.3 .H65 1977]

Kent, Homer A. "Ephesians: The Glory of the Church," in The Everyman's Bible
Commentary. Chicago: Moody Press, 1971.
        [BS 2695.3 .K4]

Lenski, Richard C. H. The Interpretation of St. Paul's Epistles to the
Galatians, Ephesians, and Philippians. Minneapolis, Minnesota: Augsburg
Publishing House, 1961.
        [Ref BS 2341.L46 v.8]

Lincoln, Andrew T. "Ephesians," in The Word Biblical Commentary. Vol. 42.
Waco, Texas: Word Books, 1990.
        [BS 491.2 .W67 v.42]

Lloyd-Jones, D. Martyn. The Christian Soldier: An Exposition of Ephesians
6:10-20. Grand Rapids: Baker 1978.
        [BS 2695.4 .L555]

_____. Christian Unity: An Expostion of Ephesians 4:1-16. Grand Rapids:
Baker 1981.
        [BS 2695.4 .L551]

_____. The Christian Warfare: An Exposition of Ephesians 6:10-13. Grand
Rapids: Baker 1977.
        [BS 2695.4 .L554]

_____. Darkness and Light: An Exposition of Ephesians 4:17-5:17. Grand
Rapids: Baker 1982.
        [BS 2695.4 .L552]

_____. God's Ultimate Purpose: An Exposition of Ephesians 1:1-23. Grand
Rapids: Baker 1979.
        [BS 2695.4 .L537 1980]

_____.God's Way of Reconcillation: Studies in Ephesians Chapter 2. Grand
Rapids: Baker 1972.
        [BS 2695.4 .L54]

_____. Life in the Spirit in Marriage, Home and Work: An Exposition of
Ephesians 5:18-6:9. Grand Rapids: Baker 1975.
        [BS 2695.4 .L553]

_____.The Unsearchable Riches of Christ: An Exposition of Ephesians 3:1-21.
Grand Rapids: Baker 19.
        [BS 2695.4 .L55]

Lock, Walter. "The Epistle to the Ephesians," in Westminster Commentries.
London: Methuen & Co., 1929
        [BS 2695 .L62]

MacArthur, John F. "Ephesians," in The MacArthur New Testament Commentary.
Chicago: Moody Press, 1986.
        [BS 2695.3 .M27 1986]

Martin, Alfred. "Ephesians," in The Wycliffe Bible Commentary. Chicago:
Moody Press, 1962.
        [BS 491.2 .P4]

Martin, Ralph. "Ephesians," in The New Bible Commentary: Revised. Grand
Rapids: Eerdmans, 1970.
        [BS 491.2 .G8 1970]

Meyer, Heinrich August Wilhelm. Critical and Exegetical Hand-book to the
Epistle to the Ephesians. Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendrickson, 1983.
        [Ref BS 2344 .M5 1983 v.7]

Miller, Herbert Sumner. The Book of Ephesians, with Outlines and Notes.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: The Evangelical Press, 1931.
        [BS 2695 .M5]

Mitton, C. Leslie. Ephesians," in The New Century Bible Commentary.
Greenwood, South Carolina: Attic Press, 1976.
        [BS 2695.3 .M58]

Moody, Dale. Christ and the Church. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1963.
        [BS 2615.4 .M6]

Morris, Leon. Expository Reflections on the Letter to the Ephesians. Grand
Rapids: Baker, 1994.
        [Not avaialble in the library]

Moule, Handley Carr Glyn. Studies in Ephesians. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 1977.
        [BS 2693 .M68 1982]

_____. Ephesian Studies: Lessons in Faith and Walk. London: Pickering &
Inglis, n.d.
        [BS 2695 .M66]

Robertson, Archibald Thomas. "The Epistles of Paul," in Word Pictures in the
New Testament. Vol. 4. Nashville, Tennessee: Broadman Press, 1931.
        [BS 2341 .R6 v.4]

Robinson, J. Armitage. Commentary on Ephesians. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 1979.
        [BS 2691 .R6 1979]

Salmond, S. D. F. "The Epistle to the Ephesians," in The Expositor's Greek
Testament. Vol. 3. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1956.
        [BS 1965 1900 v.3]

Simpson, Edmund Kidley, and Frederick Fyvie Bruce. "Commentary on the
Epistles to the Ephesians and the Colossians," in The New International
Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1957.
        [BS 2695 .S5]

Smith, Justin A. "Ephesians," in An American Commentary on the New
Testament. Vol. 5. Philadelphia: The American Baptist Publication
Society, 1890.
        [Ref BS 2341 .A4 v.5]

Stoeckhardt, G. St. Paul's Letter to the Ephesians. St. Louis, Missouri:
Concordia Publishing Co, 1952.
        [Not available in the library]

Stott, John R. W. "God's New Society: The Message of Ephesians," in The
Bible Speaks Today. Downer's Grove, Illinois: Inter-Varsity Press, 1979.
        [BS 2695.3 .S8]

Vaughn, Curtis. Ephesians: A Bible Study Commentary. Grand Rapids:
Zondervan, 1977.
        [BS 2695.3 .V33]

Vincent, Marvin R. "The Epistles of Paul," in Word Studies in the New
Testament. Vol 3. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1946.
        [BS 2385 .V5 1977 v.3]

Westcott, Brooke Foss. Saint Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians. Grand Rapids:
Eerdmans, 1950.
        [BS 2691 .W524]

Wood, A. Skevington. "Ephesians," in The Expositor's Bible Commentary.
Vol.11. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1978.
        [Ref BS 491.2 .E96 v.11]

Wuest, Kenneth S. Ephesians and Colossians in the Greek New Testament for
the English Reader. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1953.
        [BS 2695 .W8]

Zerwick, Maximilian. The Epistle to the Ephesians. New York: Crossroad, 1981.

At 04:32 PM 4/14/99 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day
>I am hoping to join a class in Ephesians next semester, after 19 years away
>from formal biblical study. Can list members suggest good commentaries which
>would help me to get a handle on the Greek text, please? What is *your*
>favourite?
>
>This is my attempt to get into a Master of Arts in Theology course, with a
>view to later doing a thesis-based M.Th, DV and WP!
>
>Gotta convince my employer to give me 5 weeks off, first, though!
>
>David McKay
>music@fl.net.au
>

>---
>B-Greek home page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek