Mk 3.28

From: Andrew T. Dolan, MA, PhD Cand. (dolan@lasalle.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 18 1999 - 20:52:34 EDT

There's a construction in Mk 3:28 that isn't making sense to me: KAI HAI
BLASPhHMIAI HOSA BLASPhHMHSWSIN. For the whole verse I have the following:
Amen, I say to you that all sins will be forgiven the sons of men and the
blasphemies whatever they should blaspheme. "The blasphemies" should be the
subject of "should blaspheme," since one would expect the neuter plural HOSA
to take a singular verb. I suspect there's a sense to the relative HOSA
that I'm missing. None of the major English translations has helped.

Andrew T. Dolan, Ph.D. Cand.
Core Adjunct Professor of Religion and Classics
McShain Hall 211
LaSalle University - 129
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141-1199