Re: Genitive Absolutes

From: Ray Clendenen (
Date: Mon Apr 19 1999 - 08:53:41 EDT

Ray Clendenen@BSSBNOTES
04/19/99 07:53 AM

The name of the article, which takes up the whole issue is "Greek
Circumstantial Participles Tracking Participants with Participants in the
Greek New Testament," pp. 177-259.
Ray Clendenen

"Rodney J. Decker" <> on 04/18/99 06:13:32 PM

To: Ray Clendenen/Nashville/BSSBNOTES
Subject: Re: Genitive Absolutes

>I have just been reading Phyllis and Alan Healey's 1990 study on the
>genitive absolute
>OPTAT (Occasional Papers in Translation and
>Textlinguistics) 4.3 (1990)

Sounds interesting, but to get it via Inter-Library loan, I'd need the
title and page numbers. (Librarians insist on such things!) If you could
post that info, I'd much appreciate it.

I've been encouraging students to do a ThM thesis or diss. on genitive
absolutes for several years (periphrastics, too, for that matter), but
haven't had any takers yet.

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Dept. of NT P.O. Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
The *Resources for NT Study* page is accessible at: