Re: Lexicon of the Papyri and Koine

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Apr 18 1999 - 13:43:42 EDT

> Dear Fellow Greek-lovers,
>
> I just started teaching myself Greek recently, but I enjoy flipping through
> the pages of advanced books like Robertson's Grammar (it's a good source of
> "untidy input"). Robertson wrote that there was a need for a lexicon of
> the papyri and then of the entire Koine. Have either of these works been
> undertaken? If so, what are the names of the books?

 Pharamond

Moulton & Milligan, Vocabulary of NT Greek, 1930 Eerdmans.
Also Celas Spicq, Theological Lexicon of NT, Baker 199?,
Spicq makes more use of the papyri than other Theological Lexicons.

Also the standard lexicons like Bauer Arnt Gingrich Danker (BAGD) do not
exactly ignore the papyri. So I don't know if you really need a lexicon
devoted specifically to the papyri.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point