From: Daniel L Christiansen (
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 23:49:17 EDT

Cindy Smith's brief reply to Ted's question is probably what most of us
think of when we consider the ICQUS. However, I think what Ted was
asking for, was historical support for the idea of the fish being an
early Christian symbol. I must admit, I don't have the references--I
have always accepted it a face value, since it "sounds right." How
un-scholarly of me:)

Daniel L. Christiansen
Department of Bible
Multnomah Bible College
8435 NE Glisan Street
Portland, OR  97236
(Also Portland Bible College, Prof of Biblical Languages)