Deponent theory?

From: Perry L. Stepp (
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 11:18:28 EDT

As I recall, there are two different approaches to deponents. One is
morphological, the other is functional.

Do I have this right? Can someone flesh out the details of the respective

Senior Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
DCC's webpage:
Ph.D. Candidate in Religion, Baylor University
#1 Cowboy Fan

Does it not concern us that God's name is often
dishonored because of poor theologies of God?
                   --Clark Pinnock, *The Openness of God*