Re: Deponent theory?

From: John Baima (
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 15:31:38 EDT

At 11:18 AM 6/2/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>As I recall, there are two different approaches to deponents. One is
>morphological, the other is functional.
>Do I have this right? Can someone flesh out the details of the respective

I'm not sure where to find a comparison, but the Fribergs have a
significant discussion about deponent verbs in the Appendix of the
Analytical Greek New Testament. I have the updated version (compared to the
first printed edition) on our web page. I have also recently added a PDF
format document so that you can download the whole thing in one swoop.

John Baima
Silver Mountain Software 1029 Tanglewood Dr, Cedar Hill TX 75104-3019
Fax 972 293-6641 Voice 972 293-2920