Re: comparing files

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 17:15:13 EDT

At 11:04 17/06/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I know this isn't a BGreek question, but it does have to do with Greek. I
>am compiling some lists of Greek vocabulary for different books. I would
>like to be able to able to compare the files for those words that are unique
>to each list. Is there a Windows 95 program out there that will do this?
>The files are in Word97 format and Excel97 format right now.

You already have the tool -- it's the Compare Documents feature in
Microsoft Word.

You have two files, fileA and fileB -- so they can be compared in the same
sub-directory, or they are both fileA, so put them in different

Open one of them in MS Word.
Go to Tools | Revisions -- tick the checkboxes according to your choice
Click on Compare and the words that are different witl be highlighted.

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]