Re: comparing files

From: Randy Leedy (
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 14:00:52 EDT

I rather suspect that this thread is not of much interest to the list,
but I'll put up one more comment just in case someone may find it
helpful. I downloaded the program Maurice mentioned. Because it
compares files character-by-character rather than line-by-line, it
will not do what I described in my previous post on this topic.

Randy Leedy

At 08:54 18/06/99 -0400, you wrote:

>These are DOS programs, so one must be familiar with DOS syntax to
>make good use of them.

There is a Windows program, available as:
WCOMPARE.ZIP which was rirst published in PC Magazine August 1995
So it's free, and widely available on the Net -- any FTP search
engine will
find 50 sites in a couple of seconds.

The author states:
WCompare highlights the differences in two text files.
It also provides full editing and printing capabilities. WCompare is
designed to work with text files only, and is limited to a maximum
size of 32k.

Maurice A. O'Sullivan
[Bray, Ireland]

" With computers we can now mistinterpret Scripture at speeds never