comparing files

From: Mark House (mhouse@fuller.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 12:05:03 EDT

Subject: comparing files
From: "Byron Knutson" <byronk@open.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:04:39 -0700

>>I know this isn't a BGreek question, but it does have to do with Greek. I
am compiling some lists of Greek vocabulary for different books. I would
like to be able to able to compare the files for those words that are unique
to each list. Is there a Windows 95 program out there that will do this?
The files are in Word97 format and Excel97 format right now.<<

Have you looked at Morgenthaler's "Wortstatistik"? Most seminary libraries
will have a copy in the reference section. He has a complete list of NT
vocabulary with the number of occurrences in each NT book, and several
statistical summaries at the end as well. It's a tremendous resource,
although somebody needs to revise it an make it available electronically.

Also, check out the resources offered by SAS Institute (I don't have their
URL right here, but they're on the Web). They have programs called Candisc,
Cluster, Discrim, Factor and Stepdisc, which are being used for various
types of literary statistical analysis, including Greek literature.

Mark House
Adjunct Greek Prof.
Fuller Theological Seminary