Re: NT-only words

From: Edgar Krentz (
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 11:31:31 EDT

>> > Has anybody a list of words that occur in the NT only and nowhere else
>in the literature of that time? I have read that these are about 400 words?
>Is there such a list or can someone compile one?
>> I'm still interested in Wieland's query. Does anyone have any information,
>or does someone need to go and create such a list? Wish I had the time!
>> David McKay

While it may be out of date, one might check the introduction to Moulton
and Milligan's NT dictionary illustrated from the papyri. I do not have
this immediately available, but I recall such a list being there--coming
from the dim recesses of my memory.

Edgar Krentz
Professor of New Testament Emeritus
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago