Re: Incidence of article with NT names

From: Steven Cox (scox@Mail.Sparkice.COM.CN)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 13:35:05 EDT

Thanks for comment on statistical significance.

Not able to locate ref to plural of SATAN[AS] in PMG. (explains why Bauer
doesn't mention it, I wonder if Daniel Riano's dictionary does?)

But the dating of the following in Hebrew/Aramaic means the plural option
was live in NT background: Book of Enoch: 40.7 DSS: 1QH fragments 4.6; 45.3;
Formulary of Blessings, Talmud: Ber. 60b; Shab. 39b

PS Also I'm told in early portions of a traditional Jewish prayerbook (now
how do I check this one?) and later Mandean literature ("Right Ginza 279.4")
Greek Pseudepigrapha Page