Re: Didache

From: Michael Holmes (
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 10:36:09 EDT

At 12:02 PM 8/5/99 +0100, Maurice A. O'Sullivan wrote:
> From I take this:
>The Apostolic Fathers : Greek Texts and
> English Translations
> by Michael W. Holmes (Editor)
> List Price: $24.99
> Our Price: $19.99
> You Save: $5.00 (20%)
> Paperback (August 1999)
> Baker Book House; ISBN: 0801022258
> This item will be published in
> August 1999. You may order it now
> and we will ship it to you when it arrives.
>Anybody on the list seen this yet, or know anything about it?

This is an updated edition, in paperback, of my 1992 hardback edition of
revised texts and translations [The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and
English Translations of Their Writings. J. B. Lightfoot and J. R. Harmer,
eds. and trans.; Michael W. Holmes, editor and revisor. Baker, 1992]. The
introductions and bibliographies are substantially revised and updated,
while typo's, etc., in the texts and translations have been corrected, and a
new witness or two added in to the critical apparatus for the Greek text.
The Greek and English are on facing pages.

The August pub. date is overly optimistic; I am expecting to receive page
proofs from Baker early next week. Their fall 99 catalog lists an October
pub. date, which seems more likely. If I may say so, I think this is a very
attractive price for a 600 page volume, which I hope will be of interest to
many on this list.

Mike Holmes
Bethel College
St. Paul, MN 55112