Word For Evil

From: Dave Burris (CaptFuchida@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 03:56:21 EDT

Kakos= from what I see is an evil one can be involved in or better yet
"can become"; ie 1 Thess 5:15

Poneros= from what I understand is the desire intent to cause, or commit
evil. or " a desire to commit evil that is already in you".

Thus, from my studies, I concluded, "Kakos" is an evil one can become,
where as "Poneros" is an evil one already is. 1 Thess 5:22

Please help me expand on this since I do teach Bible on "Local=access
cable here in Long Beach Ca.

I concluded with the word "Poneros="an evil that is already in you,
because "Apecho"= to hold off, keep away, has implied in 1Thess 5:22 to
keep away or stop practicing an evil, one is already committing.

Which leads me to Dokimazo =Prove, test, examine, Katecho= to hold on

and of course "eidos"= form, kind, class, "species" (or variety)
[appearance-kjv= which in Latin meant "species" from the Vulgate
"Specie"]

My study has been around 1 Thess 5:21-22

Thk you

Dave Burris