Re: Deut 32:8 LXX

Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 13:44:29 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/99 6:27:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

<< The only
 misgiving it leaves me with is my desire to rush right out and buy the
 Gottingen Septuagint. However a quick glance at the price list in
 Eisenbrauns cured me of that.
 Thanks again,
 Clay >>

I know what you mean...But if you can set aside funds for a volume here and
volume there, they are worth every penny. The footnote apparatus is loaded in
each volume.

It looks like we are going to have something similar with the Hebrew Bible in
the Hebrew University's multi-volume edition. (Only two volumes [Isaiah and
Jeremiah] have been released so far, though.)