From: Carlton Winbery (
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 17:21:39 EDT

>At 10:40 PM 9/5/99 +1000, you wrote:
>>I have read that some of the KJV renderings in Revelation come from Latin
>>rather than Greek manuscripts. Does anyone have access to any information on
>in fact erasmus had no copy of rev in greek-- so he translated the vulgate
>into greek and viola! revelation in greek as the TR has it!
Jim, the fact is that Erasmus did have a ms of Revelation, but the last few
verses were missing. These verses are what he translated from Latin
introducing some few readings for which there has not been found a Greek

Dr. Carlton L. Winbery
Foggleman Professor of Religion
Louisiana College
Ph. 1 318 448 6103 hm