Re: erasmus and rev.

From: Jim West (
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 22:48:39 EDT

At 05:58 PM 9/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Colleagues, and Jim West:
>Could Jim tell us what evidence he has that Erasmus himself said he had
>no copy of the Apocalypse when he was working on his first edition of
>the GNT (1516)?

erasmus talks about his translation of rev. from the vulgate into greek in a
letter to ulrich von hutten in a letter contained in von hutten's "opera
omnia" (so far my notes from a few years back when i read von hutten's
opera). i will scan von hutten's letters forthwith and locate the citation.

Jim West, ThD
web page-