Re: QEOTHS-Col 2:9

From: Numberup@worldnet.att.net
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 17:50:08 EDT

Both "Little Kittel" (page 322) and Louw & Nida (page 140) treat QEOTHS and QEIOTHS
as nearly synonymous in meaning. For both, Louw & Nida give "the nature or state of
being God - 'deity, divine nature, divine being,'" and for both, "Little Kittel"
gives "divinity." Did you perhaps mean QEIOS, which is the word at Acts 17:29, not
QEIOTHS?

It might be interesting also to know the context or range of meaning QEOTHS is given
in the other Greek contemporaneous literature.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org