Romans 5:12

From: Alan Simons (
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 01:02:35 EDT

Dear List,

This is my first post to the list, even though I have
been a member for some time. I want to express my
gratitude for the information on it. I work in
industry and have to treat this list as a digest.

My question is about the time factor of the aorist
sinned in Romans 5:12 from the view point of aspect. I
was discussing this verse with a friend. We both were
taught that the aorist was a past action at a point in
time which is probably not held to now.

Also, I would like to know the methodology one uses to
determine the time factors in this passage from the
aspect position.

Thanks for the help,

Al Simons

Do You Yahoo!?