Re: Matt 19:9

Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 11:32:04 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/99 3:13:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

 The Jerusalem Bible renders this verse:
 Now I say this to you: the man who divorces his wife-- I am not speaking of
 fornication -- and marries another, is guilty of adultery.

    I take this rendering to mean that not only is fornication adultery, but
also divorce and remarriage. This seems to be different from the readings
proposed before.

Tony Prost
All Nonnos All Day