Re: To save bandwidth? (was: Re: Exegetical Considerations)

From: Ed Gorham (
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 13:32:53 EDT

Carl & others,
On the subject of saving bandwidth - I am becoming more and more aware of
messages that occur two, sometimes three times within the original
I'm not very computer-literate, but I am assuming this has something to do
with the type of mail format or the encoding process being used, yes?
Nonetheless, messages that repeat themselves like this take up a lot of
bandwidth/disc space/whatever-you-want-to-call-it, and sometimes comprise
up to 50% of a daily B-Greek digest.

Is this something that individual posters can correct by altering their
settings? Just curious.

And Carl - you are NOT an old grump.

Thanks in advance.

Ed Gorham