Re: 1 Timothy 2:12

Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 10:10:25 EDT

In a message dated 10/18/99 8:26:47 AM, writes:

<< Andreas J. Kostenberg read a paper at the 1992 AAR-SBL Annual Meeting in
San Francisco (S153) entitled: "Syntactical Parallels to 1 Timothy 2:12 in
Extrabiblical Greek Literature." Does anyone have the "Abstracts" for that
meeting, and was the basic argument for his paper presented in the
"Abstracts"? I still have his handout from that meeting, but unfortunately
his handout doesn't summarize his argument (nor did I think to write it
down). I remember at that time being quite impressed with his argument (and
thinking it important for understanding 1 Tim 2:12), but now I'm kind of
vague on the details. If someone could help me out here, I would appreciate

I think the same info from that paper is included in Andreas J. Köstenberger,
Thomas R. Schreiner, and H. Scott Baldwin, eds. Women in the Church: A Fresh
Analysis of 1 Timothy 2:9-15 (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1995).

Charles Powell