Re: 1 Kings 1:15 (LXX)

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 07:25:42 EST

<x-flowed>At 05:44 23/11/99 -0600, "Carl W. Conrad" <> wrote:
>The only LXX text I have available at home reads GUNH hHi SKLHRA hHMERA EGW
>EIMI; i.e. hHi is a relative pronoun, not an article; given this text,

Thanks for that, Carl.
Rahlfs has the iota subscript, Brenton does not.
And I perhaps jumped to the conclusion that Greg had consulted Brenton
because of the absence of iota subscript in his citation.
Hence I dealt with the Brenton translation.

My "conclusion-jumping" was based, in part at least, on the observation on
this list that "little Greekers" tend to use Brenton, whereas the Big ones
wouldn't dream of using anything but Rahlfs.
But then they don't need the crutch of the parallel English, do they>

So my internalized/externalized contrast now falls, of course' but it does
leave the gulf between RUACH and the Greek.

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]

[ subscribed to MSN Messenger ]