Re: 1 Kings 1:15 (LXX)

From: Steven Craig Miller (
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 13:52:12 EST

<x-flowed>To: Maurice A. O'Sullivan,

In one message you wrote:

<< Brenton's translation supplies the verb "I live", so that it reads: "I
live in a hard day ..." >>

And in another, you wrote:

<< Rahlfs has the iota subscript, Brenton does not. >>

So Brenton's text reads: GUNH hH SKLHRA hHMERA EGO EIMI, yes?

But I wonder if perhaps it is possible that Brenton was translating the

I also wonder if perhaps Rahlfs's reading of hHi is a conjectural emendation?

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)

"... when Christ requires us ... to hate our own life in this world, is
there then a single one among us whose life in the remote degree could be
called even the weakest effort in this direction?" (Soren Kierkegaard,
"Attack Upon 'Christendom,'" 38).