Re: Mounce's first year grammar

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 16:32:29 EST

>From: Jonathan Robie <>

> My biggest problem with the vignettes was not the theological conclusions,
> which I largely agreed with, but the general deductive approach taken,
> using the Greek text to defend theological orthodoxy. In some cases I did
> not feel that the Greek text actually made the point that was being drawn
> from it, even though I agreed with the point itself.
> Jonathan

Well said. Took the words out of my mouth so to speak. It is a case of
what some have called "theright answer from the wrong text." Happens all
the time.

Off Topic:

Potential Visitors to Seattle. This is a good week to come to Seattle.
Lots of fun things happening down town. See news on WTO for details.