Re: BC/AD or BCE/CE--What's the difference?

From: Numberup@worldnet.att.net
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 23:04:37 EST

BCE (Before Common Era) and CE (Common Era) are considered to be "theologically
neutral," and are preferred by scholars who do not wish to highlight the obvious
Christian association of BC (Before Christ) and AD (Anno Domini, the Year of the
Lord).

Additionally, it is not known exactly when "before Christ" was, or when the "year of
the Lord" began. That is, no one knows exactly when Jesus was born, though theories
abound.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org