Re: BC/AD or BCE/CE--What's the difference?

Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 01:23:07 EST

In a message dated 1/31/2000 7:25:39 PM Central Daylight Time, writes:

   What is the difference between BC/AD and BCE/CE? For example, I have read
 that the Romans destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD. Yet, other texts say 70 CE.
 Is it a word preference or an important distinction? If so, is it important
 to use the distinction?

Since B.C. and A.D both refer to Christ, some have taken to referring to the
same dates as BCE = Before the Common Era and CE = Common Era. It's a
politically correct thing not to offend other faiths. I'll continue to use
BC and AD since he is my Lord even if I am somewhat left-wing.