Re: Matthew 5:48

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 13:18:57 EST

>From: "clayton stirling bartholomew" <>

> BDF states that this idiom never appears
> except quotes or allusions to the OT.

I misrepresented BDF here. BDF qualifies this statement by limiting the
scope of the statement to chapter 5 of Matthew. This is an important
qualification which I was sloppy not to notice the first three times I
read it. So the appropriate adjustments should be made to my previous
posts on this topic.

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062