Re: In the beginning midrash/bilingualism

From: Jason Hare (parousia_occ@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 05:17:22 EST

MONOGENHS is more than an argument about translation, but one of root.
Does it come from MONOS + GENNAW (in some form) or from MONOS + GENOS
(kind)? Most today, so I have heard, say it from GENOS, making MONOGENHS
mean "one of a kind." This is opposition to the KJV "only begotten." It
was just something I threw on there for fun. :-)

Blessings be multiplied your way for bringing this up!

jason hare
occ