From: Steven Craig Miller (
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 16:57:11 EST

<x-flowed>To: Jeffrey B. Gibson,

<< Using the TLG D Disk, there seems to be only one certain pre NT usage of
ARSENOKOITHS. And that's Oracula Sibyllina` Oracula 2.73 ... >

You may very well be correct, but according to the 3rd edition of TLG's
"Canon of Greek Authors and Works" Oracula Sibyllina is dated from 2 BCE to
4 CE ("2 B.C.-A.D. 4"). Are you certain that this Oracle dates before the
mid-1st century CE?

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
FWIW: I'm neither a clergy-person, nor an academic (and I have no post-grad